Apples are on my mind right now for many reasons. One because Marshall and I picked apples yesterday and took lots of pictures. Two because I just ate a piece of the apple pie we made from the apples we picked yesterday
. And three, because I am home with my family which makes me the apple joining the other Karkan apples. Sorry if you don't get the illustration.
Anywho, I have been running around like crazy it feels. I have 11 days before we take off and I have loads of stuff I want to do and get done before then. The past couple days we have been getting ready for my brother Jasen's graduation party, I've been packing and organizing stuff (most of which is now stored neatly in our attic), and I was able to spend some quality time with my nephew Marshall. Not only did we pick apples, but he collected 111 cicada bug shells. (Note: I said HE collected them.) We also stayed up late (11pm) both nights he was here and played Wii boxing; a great workout for the arms I might add. Today we went to at least a dozen places shopping for food and what-not. The what-not being a new outfit for Mom. I must say we were very successful and had a great time.
We met Becky (and Anna) for lunch at Chipotle. Becky of course was looking very cute at 24 weeks. We are all anxiously awaiting the arrival of Anna possibly in November or December as the doctors are closely monitoring her progress. Please keep them in your prayers.
In Thailand news...(drum roll please!) Dang sent pictures of my apartment!!!!
( Sorry there is only one so far.) I'm so excited. It's on the 17th floor of the Lumpini Place Apartment Building tower B. I even found it on Google Earth and then located how far away it is from our language school. It seems like a hike, but there is a train nearby which we will get to take everyday. We can also take it downtown and to a weekend market place. It looks as if we will have refrigeration which will be good for keeping a few food items. Sarah is in the same building we think on the 8th floor. Dang mentioned that I will be living there for the next six months and then I will be involved with picking out a different place after that.
So, that's that. I'm ready for some R&R. Maybe I can schedule that for n
ext week... ;D
0 comments:
Post a Comment