So, today I got caught in one of my first (of many I'm sure) rainy season downpours. There was just nothing to do to avoid it. Instead of me doing a chronology of details, I've decided to share my thoughts of this experience.
"That does not look good.
Dear God, is there anyway you could slow this down just a little bit before I have to get out of the van?
Let's see...how can I pay the driver, open the door, grab my corn and bag, and open my umbrella without getting drenched?
Oh, we're stopping!
Oh, hello! Who are you and did you just ask me if you could share my umbrella?
This umbrella really was only meant for one person, but it's OK, I'm already soaking wet. Especially my pants.
I'm glad I tied my drawstring pants tight, otherwise I'd have to hold them up.
Why am I standing under this awning? I'm already soaking wet and my clothes are going to have to be peeled off?
Might as well make a run for it. TAXI!
Watch it stop as soon as I get in.
Is the water on the sidewalk seriously running over my feet?!
AHHH! It's freezing in here! Can you make the air conditioner in this car any colder?
Oh wow! I could swim in that puddle!
Puddle? This street is a river! Look there's even waves crashing against the curb!
That guy looks really ridiculous! Seriously dude, you're riding a motorcycle in the rain in 7 inches of water. That poncho is doing nothing for you.
It's so fun to see how people react to the rain. Those school boys made a game of dodging all the downspouts. That guy isn't even trying to stay dry. He's just strolling along. That group of people moved to high ground because they would disappear in the gutter.
Unlikely people are brought together for one goal-staying dry. That's why there are 40 people huddled under the bus stop.
Does running help you get less wet?
Now would not be the time to be idly standing on the side of the road. That is unless, of course, you want to get showered in curb-dirt water by all the passing cars.
My parents Dodge and Chrysler van would never make it in this flooding. The power steering belt would have been long gone.
I hope the taxi driver knows where he is going.
Oh gosh, there are puddles on the floor! Was I that soaked?
Why are there so many people out? Hello! It's pouring people!
I have never seen so many barefoot Thai outside of a building. Look, even those two business ladies. Speaking of which, I'm glad I wore these flip-flops.
They have those plastic hair covers here too?
Please tell me we are not going to stop here forever. I can't imagine that one of the royal family decided to come to Nonthaburi during rush hour to create a traffic jam.
Do you see that?!?! Those cars have water up to their headlights over there. Man that sucks!
Ah, home sweet home! And we're wading.
I should write a blog about this.
09 June, 2009
When it rains it______
Posted by Deac-Bets at 5:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment