23 February, 2010

Betsy, Michelle and Dang Visit Chiang Rai

Have I ever mentioned how much I love visiting our different projects and partners? Well, I do. Today I got back from a 2 day trip to Chiang Rai with Dang and Michelle from Hong Kong. We visited Pastor Chomwee Monday at his church and learned more about their need for a water project. This included hiking down to where they get their water and hiking back up the hill. I don't think I have exercised that much in a long time. I suppose I should change that! It was fun though and good. I think Dang and Michelle got a lot of information, and got more practice with my new camera. Today we went to visit Pau Luang Pongsak in Heuy Khray. Love that place! Sometimes, I think that I could easily live there. It's so peacefull and has been cool every time I've gone. It's in a really scenic area on the side of a mountain. Pastor Pongsak's wife made us a delicious lunch! Uh-mazing as usual, complete with my favorite Hmong "salsa" they make. All the teachers from the school joined us. Before that, Suphan gave us a tour of the rice mill and church and then took us to visit the school where we sat and chatted with the principal. Our visit was over quickly it seemed and then before we knew it, we were at the airport and on our way back to Bangkok

0 comments: