So this was definitely the most unusual Thanksgiving I've ever celebrated. It started like every other day, meaning I went to school. The temperature outside was a cool 77ish degrees that morning. I had Thanksgiving lunch in a Thai garage kitchen which consisted of rice and spicy crispy pork with stir-fryed vegetables. Then things got a little more normal. We went to Pastor Bob and Diana's house for dinner. They invited everyone from church and the office, but only about 14 people were there at various times. Pastor Bob's brother wasn't feeling well so he and his wife had to miss out on Turkey ;( Here's Diana getting the Turkey ready to eat. We had lots of Thai fruit, and desserts as well as the American standard mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, yams and pumpkin pie!
Mmmmm-mmm good! After dinner we all sat down for a Thanksgiving devotion led by Pastor Bob, and then we just visited with each other. It was a great evening. When I got home that night I called my family and got to be the computer in the room. It wasn't the same as sitting around the family table but at least I got to say hi to everyone and wish them a Happy Thanksgiving.
28 November, 2008
Happy Thanksgiving!
Posted by Deac-Bets at 4:10 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We are so thankful we could see you and talk to you on the internet on Thanksgiving! Saving up my hugs and kisses when we get back together. Thank God there are people like Pastor Bob and his wife and Dang that give you a home away from home. Give them all a hug for me. Love Mom
Hi Betsy, I'm glad you're OK. I talked to your grandma this morning at church and she said you were safe. When I got home I saw your newsletter confirming that.
What happens after the language training? That's a lot of language compressed into a short period of time!
In Christ, Jeannie Day
Post a Comment