Here it is finally! I think I've finally got an expansive enough set of pictures of some of the food I eat here. Before coming to Thailand I had never had Thai food and had no idea there could be so many ways to make rice. It's like potatoes for us. The first thing you learn when eating Thai food is how to eat it. Almost all the dishes are eaten with a fork and spoon. the fork is used to push the food onto a spoon. Even a lot of noodle dishes are eaten that way. Occasionally they will use chopsticks to eat soup or noodle dishes. It just depends. When I first got here I bought a lot of my food at the grocery store, but now nearly all of it comes from the local market or street vendors I pass on the way home or on the way to school. The fruit here is just wonderful. I eat fresh pineapple nearly everyday! Also eating at the garage kitchens around here is really inexpensive so nearly every day that's where I eat my lunch with Sarah 3 of my teachers as well as several other students.
Another desert, are these little things; fried banana! They are coated in -I don't know what- but they are really good. All the visitors we've shown around here we've had them eat these.Thai food can be very spicy, especially dishes like Phat-phak boong, and Som-tom. More than once I've cleared my sinuses and burned my lips eating hot food, but not all of it is like that, and you can always ask for it to not be spicy. This is only a very small portion of all the different food I've had here. Some foods like this: I avoid. I'm not a fan of having my food watch me eat it, and I stay away from things like frogs, crickets, snails, and organs too!
I think that's about all for now on the food. We'll see what the next topic will be. For now though there are a lot of things coming up very quickly in the next two weeks, so I'll try hard to keep up with them! Cheers!
2 comments:
well its about time you updated your blog miss!
Since I haven't found good mango here, would you or someone eat some sticky rice and mango. Was one of my favorites.
Post a Comment