At some point in every blogger's adventure there is always the post that says "it's been a awhile since I last blogged, so I figured I would catch you all up to date...etc." Well, here you go folks.
If today were anymore hectic I would have thought I was back in college. Knowing that this week would gradually get more and more hectic, I was determined to remain positive when I woke up this morning. Despite 3 1/2 hours of homework on Monday, burning my hand with tea on Tuesday, learning 6 writing rules + exceptions today, my internet breaking, getting laundry detergent on my computer case, and not having my newsletter written yet, I would say that this has been a pretty great week. Last Saturday I got to NOT spend the whole day trying to memorize vocabulary and spend time with friends from school at Siam Paragon. We went to see the movie Australia in Siam's First Class theatre. It's definitely an experience to try at least once. The theatre only has like 30 seats which are all Lazy boys. It was sweet, and when the horses and cows stampeded across the screen the whole room shook!
Moving on...My apartment is now spotless and patiently awaiting visiting missionaries from Taiwan who are on break for Chinese New Year. I finally got a shirt to wear to my Thai teacher's wedding on Saturday. I am over the hump in Module 4. Module 4 by the way is all about reading and writing Thai. This is also the module where we learn all the rules and exceptions to the rules, so it pretty much makes everyone groan nonstop. I've decided I owe Starbucks my gratitude for giving me a peaceful place to do homework both in England and now in Thailand.
I got to see my new apartment and spend the afternoon with Dang on Monday. I also finally got to open my Thai bank account.
I read Foreign to Familiar this week and was very thankful for it (and for Natalie who gave it to me). Lately, I had been feeling the effects of culture stress. Manly, just feeling that doing anything here is time-consuming and stressful. Having to use a foreign language to do basic tasks is even hard. It's also annoying being stared at like an alien everyday. Seriously!
Oh well, so hopefully my internet starts working again soon. I know this was just a hodgepodge of information. I mostly just wrote what came to mind. There are a lot of things coming up, so I'll be sure to keep y'all in the loop!
Peace!
0 comments:
Post a Comment