30 December, 2009

Road Trip to Isan Day 2

It's 6:17! Time to wake up!! I thought a lot was packed into yesterday afternoon! Well, today wasn't much different, and it was also incredibly fun. Our group cleaned up our sleeping area and took throw showers before heading out on the road again. Road trips are always fun and this one included the usual road trippy things like singing with the radio, chatting, getting turned around, stopping for food and the bathroom, etc. I also realized early on that I was missing my cell phone which turned up at Deacon Chan's house. His wife found it in the parking lot and said other people saw it but thought it was a children's toy! This of course brought out another round of teasing me about the boys stealing my phone and getting my number! We stopped first at another relatives house to say hello and Robin and I went for a short walk. Short because we only stayed a short while before heading to Jiit's parent's house which is in Ubon Ratchathani. By the time we reached Jiit's house it was already afternoon and I felt that Jiit, Dee-Dee and I were getting to be friends. It's always nice to have new friends!
What do you think we did when we got to her house? We ate and didn't stop eating or drinking for 2 days!!!! I'm sure I've gained like ten pounds already just in time for the New Year! It was absolutely wonderful spending the afternoon with them. There wasn't anything special going on really. We just sat and chatted. They did the usual family visit and talk about the farm and what's going on in the community, ate, played with the nieces and nephews, ate, unloaded a truck engine, ate, sent the kids on a walk up a mountain for a panoramic view of the valley, made dinner, de-feathered the chicken, lounged, ate some more, danced around trying to get the two year old to dance, chased Dee-Dee with his medicine, planned tomorrow's adventures, ate and then sent us on our way with more food. We stayed in a bungalow situated on the lake created by the Princess Sirindhorn Dam. Once we all got in our rooms, we were due for a nap so we agreed to rest and meet again later. It was before the sun set so we took a ride in the truck to see where the princess stays when she comes to visit. It was so peaceful and quite there on the lake, so serene. I could have stayed there for hours! But hunger wouldn't allow it. Dee-Dee and I sat in the back of the truck on our way up to the golf course, so they could practice putting. During our planning, they decided that we were going to go golfing! Yes, golfing of all things, in Thailand. Robin was thrilled having never had the chance since she came to Thailand. So everyone was pumped for the next day! We headed back to the restaurant in the park to eat some more and even got a show with it.
That night, Jiit and I got some bonding time as we stayed up late singing karaoke. The boys joined us for an hour or so but called it a night early, leaving us to sing our hearts out! When we finally went to bed I was out when my head hit the pillow!

0 comments: