This is my Grandma Karuzas. She lives with my parents, and is one of the sweetest ladies I know. I normally only see her for a few seconds as she only comes in to say hi, ask how I'm doing, and then tell me she is going to go read or take a nap. Today though she sat and chatted while my mom did laundry. Grandma is really into handmade crafts and can be found crosstiching or crocheting most days. Today she showed off her latest projects which got us on a conversation about how many blankets she has made over the years of living with my parents. She makes lap blankets(30 so far!) for people in nursing homes, so they don't get cold sitting in their wheelchairs. As she explained to me that most people in nursing homes never have visitors, and how she loves visiting and making their day by bringing them a new blanket to keep them warm. She is 77!
10 October, 2009
Grandma Karuzas
Posted by Deac-Bets at 9:40 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment