16 October, 2009

Red 24

So, about every week or so, I get emails from this "organization" (not sure what they really are), that sends out alerts to foreigners travelling in Thailand. They are called Red24 and they warn you about safety threats which include; protests, recent acts of violence, and even recently tropical storms.
The things is, there have been so many planned protests lately, that I tend to not get concerned whenever I receive one of these emails. I mean, I read all of them, but when they say another protest is planned, I tend to delete them right away. Lately they have all ended peacefully, but that hasn't always been the case. I wonder if this is what eventually leads to violent acts that these groups have been known for performing? People just ignore them long enough, until they do something to get attention. Let's continue to pray that this doesn't happen and that these issues can be worked through peacefully for the benefit of all the people here, not just the foreigners.

0 comments: