Today, I went to LISA (Luther Institute of Southeast Asia) to bring Pastor Carl pictures for when he goes to Hong Kong. He was one of the presenters this morning for their 3 day training seminar. What I thought would be a quick visit turned out to be a pleasant afternoon as Pastor Sompong invited me to stay and listen for awhile.
There were 6 students there along with Pastor Neeran, Pastor Kaye, Pastor Sompong and Pastor Taweep who was teaching when I got there.
Pastor Sompong had me introduce myself to the students, 4 of whom I had never met. He also made a point of asking me if I was married! So that question was out of the way right away. LOL. Anyway, it was nice to have a chance to talk to some of the students during the coffee break. Four of them are students of Pastor Neeran a WELS Thai pastor in Chiang Mai. Two of them were from Laos and I had a chance to hear about what they were doing studying and how they became Christians, etc. Meanwhile the rest of the pastor's were in discussion about what the sign would say over Pastor Chomwee's church when it is dedicated next month.
I think it goes something like, Concordia Lutheran Church- Doi Sa Ngo. I also stayed for Pastor Sompong's session and attempted to translate for Pastor Carl as they learned about the history of the Lutheran church, and how and why it was started.
They had a lot of good questions too, like why were they called Lutheran's? why do their worship services look so much like Roman Catholic services? if a church is protestant is that mean they agree with Lutheran theology? etc. I had to bolt out the door to get back to work, but still it was a nice way to spend the afternoon and I'm glad I got to learn more about LISA.
27 October, 2009
LISA Visit
Posted by Deac-Bets at 7:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment