So speaking of aliens, I had to go to immigration today. The reason being, I am going to Hong Kong on Sunday and my "single entry" visa doesn't expire until December so I needed a re-entry permit. This process used to take 2-3 hours at the old immigration office. This original place = a nigtmare as it was overcrowded with frustrated and hot people. Recently they finished the constructon of several massive buildings on Chaengwattana Road on what is now called the "Government Complex" and all these randomly located government office are in one easy to get to complex. To me these huge buildings look like 2 spaceships that crashed in the middle of Chaengwattana road.
Dang and I got there are 2:15 and I was worried that I wouldn't get the permit considering that they are closed at 3pm. We went throught the doors that said immigration to a waiting room of people filling out applications.
Thankfully I had my application filled out and I wasmy picture stapled to it already so I got to pass Go. They sent me to the next room which was a sea of cubicles and had a desk to give you a que number and direct you to the right cubicle. There was one man in front of me. I turned in my application in passport and not too long after I my number was called with my new re-entry permit. Total time from door to door= 10ish minutes. I was floored, and all my complaining about immigration quickly changed to say how great the Thai people have got thing figured out. It was awesome. So Dang and I went to explore the rest of the ship. The center of it is nothing but a huge enclosed plaza. 
In the basement you can do everything from go grocery shopping, eat doughnuts and coffee, cash your paycheck, or buy organic soap right next to the car dealership. Really these government workers have it made. If they live on Chaengwattana road they would never have to leave! It's all right there.
06 November, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment