01 November, 2009

Dreams Fulfilled

This is one of those instances where I am not writing about Thailand. Instead, I am writing about the benefits of technology giving me the opportunity to participate in things I miss while being in Thailand.
Today at 41 East Possum Road in Springfield, Ohio a church sanctuary was dedicated. For over 20 years it has been the dream of many members of Risen Christ Lutheran church to build a sanctuary solely dedicated for the purpose of worship, and as Pastor Bohlman said in his sermon, it's a "dream fulfilled." I'm sure there were not many dry eyes in that new sanctuary as Pastor Bohlmann, the first Pastor called to serve this mission plant congregation, opened the sermon, nor were there any less when he closed with the familiar, "He Is Risen, He Is Risen Indeed."

Risen Christ was the church where I "grew up." My Dad took me through the crowd before the service started an I got to see all the people I've grown up loving and many of whom who have shaped my life. I saw all the new babies, the guys I got to work with in May who did a majority of the building project, my Sunday School teachers, old friends, my God daughter and tons of other kids, and most of my family even. They have supported me as their missionary to Thailand (on top of a million other things) and I am so thankful I had the opportunity to be a part of this special day.

1 comments:

SaRaH said...

this is neat! i must have missed this post before...