17 March, 2009

My New Home Sweet Home Away from Home!

So Sunday was the 15th of March which meant.... moving day! Dang and I got all my stuff packed into her car in one trip, then after some negotiations with my old landlord lady, we were off to Nonthaburi where my new apartment is located! Here is a video of my room. I did some rearranging when I moved in, and I like it pretty well.

The apartment is in Nonthaburi which is just outside of Bangkok, so it's strange that most of the noises I hear out here are dogs and rooster's that crow all day long. It's not as polluted out here either, but it's a little more inconvienient to get places unless you take a taxi. The building I live in is part of an enclosed neighborhood with each building having a theme name. My building's theme is Angkor Wat. Here is what the hallways and stair areas look like. It's really kinda cool! Anyway, I feel really at home here. My landlady is really nice, and I feel like I can make this a place of my own. Yesterday, I decided to explore the neighborhood and I met 2 people; a guy from Canada named Danny and then he introduced me to a shopowner named Bpen. She is really nice, nd helped me find a few convienience items so I don't starve before I can make it to a Big C!

0 comments: