First of all, along with the whole adjusting to a new area, La showed me an evening market on the way home filled with all sorts of Thai food, vegetables, meat, clothes, shoes, purses, etc and what do you think I bought? Donuts! I found this to be quite amusing. The only farang in the entire outdoor market and I bought the most farang food there. I did however have a nice little chat with the song taeow driver on the way home and I got to tell him that I was a Christian working with the Lutheran church.
Ok that was two things really but the real second thing, is that after a year already, I finally finished War and Peace tonight. Very interesting, especially how Tolstoy finished with an essay on free will and how in reality no one possesses free will and that the force that writes history compels man is infact a divine being (God as we Christians know). Mostly I was glad because I made myself read it knowing it was one of the greatest classics of the modern era. I didn't even know what it was about! So anyway Pastor Jeff you can have it back even though I don't think you remember that you even owned it or that I borrowed it from your office.
24 March, 2009
Two things
Posted by Deac-Bets at 10:31 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment