Today, we had a cool wave, which means it's only 82F right now at 9pm. In case you were wondering, it rained, which means it's very humid.
But enough of the sauna report, this morning Dang, Sarah, Maew, myself and children from the Bang Na daycare all attended church at the International Church of Bangkok which meets in a school building on the Church of Christ-Thailand campus. We were invited there by Pastor Perry from Virginia to talk about CWEFT and our project with the daycare which this church supports. The church even has members who volunteer there. We joined them in Bible study and then for worship which had the theme of celebrating Earth Day. It reminded me of being in England actually, because I'm pretty sure when I did the tour of Northen England, we were in Durham for Earth Day also and that was the theme then. I got to meet some cool people from the Chicagoland area so, I felt right at home. Despite that, I was reminded once again of how I have yet to be cured of my public speaking fear. This will break me in for speaking when I go home in 10 days!!!! So, if any of you want me to speak at your church or if you just want to hang out, let me know!
In other news, Sarah and I ate lunch with Dang at this cool Chinese restaurant and then Dang dropped us off at MBK where I attempted to finish up my souvenir shopping. However, when I got home, I sorted everything and found out I'm still missing a few things. Looks like I'm due for a trip to JJ Weekend market. I think I'll go next Sunday. Because it's a weekend market, the vendors have to pack all their stuff up on Sunday and go home. Which means they might give it to me cheaper, so they don't have to take it home with them! Either way it will mean mass crowds, narrow aisles of everything imaginable
and the most overwhelming heat you can imagine. But for me, it will be worth it.
26 April, 2009
International Church of Bangkok/Souvenir Shopping
Posted by Deac-Bets at 8:50 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
i remember that! (durham)
Post a Comment