Oh man! So most people have heard of Muay Thai or "Thai Boxing"
but what they don't know is that Thais also love badminton. This is not a game for a leisurely afternoon. Today, I was introduced to this sport which I haven't played since I was shorter than the net. I also discovered that I have a lot to learn because Dang is hardcore into this.
She started out just lightly batting the birdie it back and forth over the net (as a warm up?), and then I think she got bored and wanted to practice on her spike. It was needless to say that with no AC in the building it was quite hot, and I got a few curious glances since,... well,... I'm white (that's what they call me) and my face looked like a beet. It felt really good though, and I had a lot of fun. We're going back tomorrow. After spending 2 consecutive days on project proposals, I think it was good to let off some pent up energy.
but what they don't know is that Thais also love badminton. This is not a game for a leisurely afternoon. Today, I was introduced to this sport which I haven't played since I was shorter than the net. I also discovered that I have a lot to learn because Dang is hardcore into this.
She started out just lightly batting the birdie it back and forth over the net (as a warm up?), and then I think she got bored and wanted to practice on her spike. It was needless to say that with no AC in the building it was quite hot, and I got a few curious glances since,... well,... I'm white (that's what they call me) and my face looked like a beet. It felt really good though, and I had a lot of fun. We're going back tomorrow. After spending 2 consecutive days on project proposals, I think it was good to let off some pent up energy.
0 comments:
Post a Comment