08 October, 2008

Mail call!

I think I have corresponded more by mail in the past 3 months than I ever have in my entire life. In the age of email, Skype, texting, and instant messaging, I feel that it makes receiving letters in the mail all the more important and special. At Concordia, the student that showed up to lunch with a hand-written letter or a care package was usually the envy of everyone else and would not hesitate to share their good fortune with their friends around them.

Today I get to be the one boast. Despite a slight miscommunication to some people that my apartment number was 284 :( instead of the correct 824, I received my first letter from The Sister's in Faith at RCLC filled with several notes of encouragement from the ladies there. (P.S. Deb I love the frogs). It pretty much made my day. Just when I was getting to the point of fatigue from 6 weeks of language study, I now have a bit of encouragement to keep me going! Thanks ladies!

Hopefully tomorrow, Dang or La can help me write a note to mailbox 284, just in case they have any other mail of mine :(

2 comments:

SaRaH said...

im going to be SO VERY UPSET if you dont get my letter!!!!!!!!

Deac-Bets said...

Sarah, I left a note with mailbox 284 today, so maybe I'll get something soon!